Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Simplicity

Okay, Summer is here and Spring seems to have totally missed us. It teased for about three days, then the weather got cold again (freezing is more like it), and then summer came. The heat has been good for the roses, though.
I've simplified my life. No matter how hard I try I can never make premade salad taste decent, so I've tossed my premade salad bags and gone back to the basics. I chopped and diced and shredded and made a two-day batch of salad that actually got eaten in two days. No more waste. We had it for dinner. The next day, I had it for lunch, Kenzie came home and had it for an after school snack, and Christopher came home and had it as a midnight meal. I just add the basic lettuce, carrots, radishes, and parmesan cheese. Tomatoes, cucumbers, olives got added later. I made a new batch today. I forgot that I wasn't going to add the parmesan so that if I wanted feta or cheddar, that was an option. Oh well. I'm still happy for deliciousness. Yeah!

1 comment:

BipolarBunny said...

Nice picture. Love the flower.